Summer may be coming to a close, but the heat is definitely not. Keeping things comfortable inside is crucial to beating this heat, so here are some tips for staying on top of things in August.
1. Deep clean floors and carpets: Spending summer barefoot is way easier when the floor is crumb and stain free. Start your monthly clean by shampooing your carpet and sweeping and mopping any hard flooring.
2. Inspect foundation for drainage problems: Prepare for the rainy season by ensuring your home has no drainage issues. Some things to keep an eye out for are water stains in the basement and large cracks in the home’s foundation.
3. Clean kitchen exhaust hood and filter: Cleaning your exhaust hood and filter can help reduce heat and smoke in the kitchen, which is something we all need right now.
4. Check toilet water level and make repairs: Toilet water should sit about 1 to 2 inches above the full valve. If water is too low or too high, this could represent a myriad of issues. Checking the toilet regularly can prevent large expenses later on.
5. Clean ceiling fans: It can be shocking how much dust and dirt can collect on top of ceiling fans. Taking a duster and running it across the top of the blades can prevent waving all that dust around in the air.